Sunday 3 June 2012

Upcoming

I'll be posting a new entry soon, which is the first thousand words of a short story featuring Susan. I hope to write some fiction for each departing companion, but it may depend on inspiration and time (I currently only have ideas for Jamie, Liz and Tegan, none of which are going to be of any use for several years). I've not written fanfic before, except for one short story set in the Traveller universe, which is a slightly different situation; so I don't really know how it'll go. I do know that I am not a fast writer, partly because I prioritise my family, partly because I fret too much about the words I'm choosing and tinker with them well beyond the point of diminishing returns.

Because of this, upcoming entries may be in a slightly odd order and with longer-than-usual gaps. After the first part of the story there will be a break for half term holidays, then probably a review of Venusian Lullaby followed by the second part of the story - but it all depends on available reading and writing time. We're going walking with wolves for my daughter's birthday treat, I need to do some preparation for my maths booster groups at the local school, and my wife is on shift six days running when we get home from the wolf trip so I'll also be looking after everyone even more than usual.

Your patience is appreciated - have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Big Finish is doing another freebie Companion Chronicles download. It's called "The Revenants", is read by Ian Chesterton, and is set between "Dalek Invasion of Earth" and "The Rescue".

    You've still got time to download it if you go to http://www.bigfinish.com/offers/v/dwmoffer and use code 1965

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that - I bought the magazine (and read it on the train to the aforementioned Wolf Walk), and have downloaded the audio...

    ReplyDelete