Friday 26 April 2013

A Callback to Susan's Tale

For anyone who wants to read or reread Susan's Tale before moving on to Ian's, here are the links:

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4a Part 4b Part 5 Author's Notes

It's not essential, because they are independent stories; but they are also heavily interconnected, working together to describe one adventure. Basically, if this were a televised serial the stories would be interleaved, cutting between the two strands. I haven't written it like that because at first I was mostly interested in Susan's inner dialogue - and as I write this I am getting more involved with Ian's, too, though his half is still focused more on the action.

You will eventually notice that they don't quite fit. I hadn't planned Ian's role when I wrote Susan's, and there isn't enough time there to fit in everything that will happen here. That's the peril of serialised writing without an overall plan! If all goes well I will revise it all at the end and post them in The Land of Fiction.

I know most of my readers don't like the fanfic, but some do - and I will be interleaving with some reviews. Enjoy or ignore as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment