Friday 27 March 2015

The Wotcha!

Well, that was unfortunate. I was all prepared to start this new thread of the marathon, and then stuff happened. Or rather, it didn't. I don't know why I stalled so badly, but I seem to be getting back up to speed so I'm going to have another try. I've now got all the reviews for The Time Meddler written, so that's five entries ready to go; and that should give me enough time to write some more, especially since the next couple will be the season 2 overview and a comic, which I should be able to get through quickly, before my first audio in this phase.

For the time being I'm going to be aiming for a post roughly twice weekly, but not tying myself down to fixed days. We'll see how that goes. This one doesn't count, really; I am away from the Internet for a couple of weeks over Easter, so I'll start posting as soon as I get back. And who knows, I might have another review or two ready by then, putting me even further ahead; though the priority is to spend time with my family.

So, what's worth saying about the time since I last posted? Since you are probably not so interested in my cosplay at the Jorvik Viking Festival, the main news probably is that I went to a Doctor Who event in Sheffield - my first - and chatted to William Russell, Peter Purves, Frazer Hines, and Lisa Bowerman. I was very nervous and a bit tongue-tied, but Hines - who I met first - was very good at putting me at my ease, so hopefully I didn't come across too badly. Sadly I had dropped my phone down the toilet the night before, and had borrowed my daughter's video camera, which I didn't really know how to use - but fortune was smiling and I ended up with some appropriately black-and-white shots of myself with some of the stars (I forgot to ask Bowerman):




I bought a professional shot of myself with Purves, too:


The other relevant news is that I wrote a Christmas tale starring the sixth Doctor, Peri, and Frobisher, which was a lot of fun (and my first effort at a full story for a Doctor later than William Hartnell's). I'll put that up for you to read too at some point.

Next Time:
In two and a bit weeks: The Watcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment